The Daily Nugget is now banned in China!  Yes, it is a rite of passage for any reputable news organization to be banned in China, and now The Nug is too.  And it is just a crappy blog!  My friend Benson Tran, who lives in Beijing, says he can no longer access the site because the site, or me, angered a Chinese official.  Kick ass!

A man thought to be using a counterfeit phone and/or battery died last week after his cell phone exploded.  The man had reportedly just charged his phone and placed it in his breast pocket.  Holy crap!  The article gave some helpful hints to avoid a phone explosion as follows:

  • Always use original batteries (and phone)
  • Do not expose phone to high temperatures and sunlight
  • Avoid long phone conversations (likely because phone heats up)

The most shocking part of the story is that this is the 9th time this has happened in China!  Coincidentally, this incident was not reported by U.S. media at all, only by the U.K. press.  I am now only buying my cell batteries at the phone store and not online.  I think there’s a good reason why batteries are less than half the price online–they can explode!