“It’s not TV, It’s TV run by a bunch of coksuckers!”
–Al Swearengen responding to HBO’s motto after the cancellation.

HBO revealed this month that, because of a bunch of complex money considerations, “Deadwood,” one of the network’s top original series, will most likely end its run with its third season, which starts June 11th. Although Deadwood was not technically cancelled, HBO is releasing all of the actors to pursue other work, effectively killing the series because of the difficulty of reassembling such a large cast.

Fans of the show have started their campaigning to save the show. For details, see savedeadwood.net.

1. MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKERS!!!!!!!! Deadwood is my favorite show on TV — I like it more than the Sopranos (especially if… is next week the series finale? I mean, okay, there’s going to be a war between NY and NJ over the Vito-Whatshisface whacking of made men, but they’re going to resolve it in an hour?

#1 by Larry O’Brien — May 23, 2006 @ 10:47 am

2. Yes, I too am angry about Deadwood. Regarding the Sopranos, next week is the *season* finale not the series finale. Next season will be a shortened season that will have the final 8 episodes of the series.

What really pisses me off about Deadwood is that the filmed season finale at the end of this season will be the series finale. This means that story arcs do not get closed and finalized and the fans are left hanging wondering what the hell happened to all those people.

MOTHERFUCKING COCKSUCKERS!!!!!!!!

#2 by Fabian — May 23, 2006 @ 11:55 am

3. i wanna spend the next 10 years of my pathetic life watching new episodes of Deadwood, not Law and Order

#3 by chris wolf — July 21, 2006 @ 8:09 pm

4. What piss, sell out to another station….even local if they can’t do the damn job. Just ask Cheif, he’ll tell’em. Don’t let the series flounder up like a mess of dirty snatches. What a bunch of Pinkertons.

#4 by TLHOPP79 — August 17, 2006 @ 6:11 pm

5. lol, no shit. i just watched the one, with calamity jane tell’n joni stubbs, “well, just go ahead and suck on my titty now, or whatever the fuck it is you do.” … or something to that effect

#5 by chriswolf — August 17, 2006 @ 6:18 pm

6. Deadwood offered the best of many worlds–great long-arc plotting of multiple characters, sudden and protracted violence, liquid and shifting alliances and almost Shakesperian dialog punctuated by a truckload of sexual epithets….

The fact that such dialog can be fascinating and interesting week after week makes Deadwood a must have show….money doesn’t just talk, it shouts, and HBO made a cheap judgement on where to put its money…..there is much more going on behind Wizard’s curtain than we know about–for now…

#6 by Charles — August 20, 2006 @ 6:01 am

7. I may be a bit behind the times but I just found out that Deadwood has been cancelled. Deadwood is the only show in years that I have gleamed to view. I do not tred lightly into TV additictions. For me, this is not dissimilar to investing ones heart into a sporst franshise that in the end sells off its star players due to small market budget contraints. Lets go see whats on showtime, or better yet, turn off the TV and read a novel.

#7 by Willicent — August 29, 2006 @ 7:19 pm

8. fuckn HBO does it all the time – fuckn “carnivale”, “deadwood”, and some are speculating “rome” might be next. others are saying to boycott it, but ya, “deadwood”, totally transports you to like another dimension in space and time- fuckn seriously

what’s the issue? low ratings? cast and producers demanding more cash? WHAT?

#8 by chriswolf — August 29, 2006 @ 9:55 pm

9. HBO, what a bunch of hoople-heads. If they cancel Deadwood, and basically say “fuck you” to all the people who watch the show religiously, its going to hurt their brandname in the future, mark my words. Also, they must be a bunch of morons because they kept The Sopranos on for like 8 seasons eventhough half the fans stopped caring after the fourth. Deadwood is FAR better in both production values and writing than the Sopranos, and for them (HBO) to say they are cancelling it due to problems with reuniting such a large cast is pure bullshit.

If I had the resources, I’d save Deadwood for all the hoople-heads out there.

#9 by Josh Orr — April 10, 2007 @ 9:37 am

10. NO SHIT! HBO IS FUCKING RETARDED! and i agree … THE SOPRANOS SUCK!

#10 by al bess — April 10, 2007 @ 9:33 pm

11. What the fuck is fucking wrong with all you motherfucking cocksucking Deadwood fans? It’s just a motherfucking cocksucking TV show!

#11 by ray bones — November 18, 2007 @ 6:54 pm

12. this is the second time HBO cancelled a favorite original series after an extremely successful run. Carnival & Deadwood both have now been trashed. If they can’t afford the shows to be successful they should stop making them with such large casts & crew! I’m cancelling HBO!

#12 by n mancuso — December 8, 2007 @ 10:16 pm

13. this is the second time HBO cancelled a favorite original series after an extremely successful run. Carnival & Deadwood both have now been trashed. If they can’t afford the shows to be successful they should stop making them with such large casts & crew! I’m cancelling HBO!

#13 by n mancuso — December 8, 2007 @ 10:17 pm

14. WTF? Anyone remember Spawn? Yes I know its 2008.

#14 by dude — May 17, 2008 @ 12:42 am

15. what a bunch of “limbered dick cocksukers” why the fuck would you cancel a show that has humour , intelligence and drama…………..whoever you are, you are total fuckwits!!!!!!!! what else are we supposed to watch……some dribble bullshit!!!!!! wake up to yourselves and re-do the script and new story lines and make another series………..you know if u dont, we wont watch , then you will have no veiwers and no job and you will be living on the street…….HBO, thanks to your staff suffering the effects of decades of inbreeding you have failed to attune yourselves to the neccesities of the times….wake up!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 by Vanessa Langlands — June 26, 2009 @ 7:58 am

16. Milch wanted $20 mill and $2mill an episode to continue and they told that limbered dick droop-eyed cocksucker to go fuck himself and then grab his dick, take aim, and piss !! LOL !!!

#16 by Al Swearingen — October 11, 2009 @ 5:15 pm

17. Man, I would love to see that show on again ! I have the DVDs and every time I watch it a new level of greatness (and subtle nuance) comes to the fore. Cocksuckers !!!!

#17 by Al Swearingen — October 11, 2009 @ 7:08 pm

18. ignorant cocksucking hoople-head fucks!

Dan, get your knife.

I didnt pay much attention to this TV show when it first aired but after viewing the whole 3 series on DVD i can safely say i’d chop one of my arms off to see the 4th series.

#18 by Ben — October 29, 2009 @ 1:33 am

19. i think deadwood was cancelled, because the hearst family, and the U.S. gov. does not want the general population to know how it became what it is today. Using stolen gold from Mexico, and The Dakotas to finance it’s expansion. Just remember that hearst’s son william randolph, used his inhereted monies from daddy, to run a smear campaign against marijuana(HEMP)TO PROTECT HIS BUSINESS INTEREST. and that is why hemp is illegal to this day. because some rich motherfucker back in the early 1900′s, didn’t want to lose billions of future dollars. I.E.the rest have to suffer so 1 man could get even richer. AMERICA at it’s worst!!!!!WTF!!!!

#19 by michael bloss — October 9, 2011 @ 10:29 am

20. BECAUSE OF THIS I DON’T WATCH ANYTHING FROM HBO ANYMORE.

#20 by michael bloss — October 9, 2011 @ 10:33 am