Song Album Cover

The Legendary K.O. just put out a song called George Bush Don’t Care About Black People over the beat of Kanye West’s Goldigger track off the new Late Registration album. According to the FWMJ site, The song was supposedly produced by Kanye West and the words were written by Big Mon and Damien a/k/a Dem Knock-Out Boyz. Here’s the link to the MP3 (Windows Audio, 8.69MB).

In related news, the University of San Francisco African American Studies Program is doing a forum on Race, Class, and Hurricane Katrina this Monday night, September 12th, between 4:00PM and 6:00PM in the Atrium of Gleeson Library. The two contrasting quotes that will be analyzed during the event are Kanye West’s quote, which is the song’s namesake, and Condoleeza Rice’s quote, “I don’t believe for a minute anybody allowed people to suffer because they are African-Americans. I just don’t believe it for a minute.” Belie’e dat, bitch!

Here are the lyrics to the song for the singalong:

George Bush Doesn’t Care About Black People

I ain’t saying he’s a goldigger, but he ain’t messing with no broke niggas
I ain’t saying he a goldigger, but he ain’t messing with no broke niggas
George Bush don’t like black people

Hurricane came through, fucked us up round here
Government acting like it’s bad luck down here
All I know is that you better bring some trucks round here
Wonder why I got my middle finger up round here
People lives on the line you declining to help
Since you taking so much time we surviving ourself
Just me and my pets, and my kids, and my spouse, trapped
In my own house looking for a way out (pause)

Five days in this motherfucking attic
Can’t use the cellphone I keep getting static
Dying ’cause they lying instead of telling us the truth
Other day the helicopters got my neighbors off the roof (off the roof)
Screwed ’cause they say they coming back for us too
That was three days ago, I don’t see no rescue
See a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do
Since God made the path that I’m trying to walk through
Swam to the store, tryin’ to look for food
Corner store’s kinda flooded so I broke my way through
I got what I could but before I got through
News say the police shot a black man trying to loot

(Who!?) Don’t like black people
George Bush don’t like ’em

I ain’t saying he a goldigger, but he ain’t fucking with no broke niggas
I ain’t saying he a goldigger, but he ain’t checking for no broke niggas
George Bush don’t like black people

Five damn days, five long days
And at the end of the fifth he walking in like “Hey!”
Chilling on his vacation sitting patiently
Them black folks gotta hope, gotta wait and see
If FEMA really comes through in an emergency
But nobody seem to have a sense of urgency
Now the mayor’s been reduced to crying
I guess Bush said, “Nigga’s been used to dying!”
He said, “I know it looks bad, just have to wait”
Forgetting folks who too broke to evacuate
Niggas starving and they dying of thirst
I bet he had to go and check on them refineries first
Making a killing off the price of gas
He would have been up in Conneticut twice as fast
After all that we’ve been through nothing’s changed
You can call Red Cross but the fact remains that…

George Bush ain’t a goldigger, but he ain’t fucking with no broke niggas
George Bush ain’t a goldigger, but he ain’t fucking with no broke niggas
Come down Bush, c’mon come down
Come down Bush, c’mon come down
Come down Bush, c’mon come down
Come down Bush, c’mon come down

George Bush ain’t a goldigger (Hmmn)
Come down George, c’mon come down
Come down George, c’mon come down
Come down George, c’mon come down
Come down George, c’mon come down

(Fade out)

1. Thanks for the link. You’ve been supplying us with some good nuggests lately!

#1 by Meerenai — September 9, 2005 @ 10:33 am

2. I’m a counselor at an urban school. I’m using the above lyrics and commentary for group discussion. thanks!

#2 by denise — September 14, 2005 @ 6:23 pm

3. George Bush Don’t Like Black People

via Boing Boing, musica di protesta sotto licenza Creative Commons su OurMedia [lyrics]…

#3 by d o t – c o m a *:o) — September 16, 2005 @ 4:36 am

4. Listened to the song. If you want me to play it on Preying Lizard’s Pirate Radio resend the link with permission for me to play it. Preying Lizard Music is the number one Music Ezine on Google! Thousands of views and listerners. It might get you some exposure. Send me a bit about the song too. How you came to write it etc..also your names and where you are from.

#4 by Les Lewellyn — September 25, 2005 @ 6:12 pm

5. Les, the song didn’t come from here. Go to http://www.k-otix.com/ to find the permission you need.

#5 by Domoni — September 26, 2005 @ 11:08 pm

6. im from new orleans and i think that THREE DAYS!!!! is definitely enough time to evacuate. take a bus to higher, safer ground!! george bush was definitely wrong in not taking the proper actions.

#6 by sam — October 1, 2005 @ 1:48 am

7. Very good lyrics :) Sure.

#7 by Lorenzo — October 4, 2005 @ 10:37 am

8. All of these people using Bush as a scapegoat need to turn they’re fingers towards the state officials. Due to a part of the State Constitution the federal government was not allowed to go in without permission from the state. The governor would not give that permission for the four days that all of you love to criticize. Furthermore the Mayor who is so quick to turn his head towards the Bush administration to cover up his own error played one of the biggest parts in not providing means for evacuation. An aerial photo was taken of a nearby school bus lot which had 300 empty busses ready to be used for evacuation; did the mayor utilize these busses? No he did not; he was too busy looking to Bush due to his pathetic ability to lead. The bottom line is people don’t realize that Bush is doing his job and doing it well, rather they constantly use him as a scapegoat to such ridiculous measures as calling him a racist. At risk of my own good name and good judgment I am now going to call out the majority of African-Americans. You are the racists. For years upon years you’ve been forcing whites to walk on a bed of nails in anything they do or say. It’s come to such an extreme that people are now afraid to say black. Black people in America’s biggest scapegoat is not George Bush, it is their reliance on the fact that white people will no longer stick up for themselves for fear of offending someone black. They use this to their advantage so they can be lazy, irresponsible, and dependent because 40 years ago my Grandfather may have called theirs a nigger. Deal with it, it was in the past and they need to move on and grow up. If Martin Luther King was alive today do you honestly think he would call George Bush a racist and support the way African Americans act today? No he would not, he was better than that. Let one thing be known, this white man is no longer going to take the black’s oppression on whites. If a black person calls me a cracker I will not hesitate in calling him a nigger because it has to stop somewhere and I refuse to accept the abuse we have taken from blacks in recent years. So please black people of America look to yourselves one searching for the problem rather than finding a white man to blame. Then and only then will this Country solve some of its problems with race and discrimination. Now is a time for unity and a sense of community and all you can do is point fingers at the easiest target you can find. I am not a racist in any way, shape, or form, I am just a man who is sick of being abused for a mistake I did not make. Please think about this and question everyone at fault rather than Bush alone. Thank you.

#8 by Jacob — October 23, 2005 @ 11:37 pm

9. I seldom do this, but this cracker got me ….I mean the audacity. 1772 until late 1800’s we have been carrying you crackers on OUR BACKS, literary. Until 1960’s we were 3/5ths of a man, Martin Luther King was 4/5ths; he could eat at the table, we were taking the scraps left behind after he vehemently fought and BEGGED for our rights. Now we have had only 30 yrs or so of getting things our way, then you little crackers starting crying foul, the playing filed is a bit too even and these “niggers” are getting in on technicalities we were so used to, cutting in on the playing fields. Well there is affirmative action everywhere; in Ivy League schools were you could get in on lineage or having a fat pocket. The best is preserved for whites, go to DC the capital and you will se this. Niggers polish shoes and Hispanics clean and watch over you babies while you sip lattes and talk of stocks and bonds etc and more bullshit to fill up your empty cultureless miserable lives. We might be poor but rich in culture and that is the thing that you fuckers can’t stomach, people been different from you and not wanting what you want for them. Stop controlling society, the days of “yeah boss” are over, and if I had a chance, like Dave Chappelle said it, would shoot a slave master every day and call you a cracker to make up for all those years of oppression. History has a funny way of repeating if checks and balances are not met, same way we don’t forget about the Nazis and the holocaust, but we need to get over slavery and move on, fuck you! I have met a fucker like you before, went to an all black high school and he is now a learned scholar on black culture with the help of MTV. Pick up a book and read into YOUR ugly history and see just how much shit the rest of the world has had to take from you. It’s little fuckers like you that worry me because with time, you get into government and who knows, might bring “convenient policies” that my take us all back into slavery on a government program (“ we need the poor (niggers and wetbacks of course, to work for food and water and we shall provide shelter…”). Lets face it you guys miss those days. And your grandpa is walking on a bed of glass because he knows the shit he got away with was a once in a lifetime treat and gives the man who took this crap with a smile on his face his due. We shall keep asking so that the field is totally even and you can call it affirmative action for all I care. I call it reparations for slavery and more is needed, we took the word nigger out of you hands and made it impossible for you to use it. You can take the word cracker, honky et al and do the same, till then, we shall have fun poking at you and squirm, dance fucking do whatever the fuck you do to get you out of bed. And next time you want to say nigger, go find a black man and say it in front of his face…fuck BUSH, fuck you and all the crackers who think like him, no wonder this fucking country is going to the dogs. Sit down and think before you even open your mouth, things are not as simple and easy as you make them see, they are complicated beyond you little minute pea grain excuse for a brain you have, same reason he thought it was going to be a drive thorough Iraq, fucking BUSH. The conservative mind is a good thing to waste, think about that.

#9 by mtu — November 29, 2005 @ 7:53 am

10. try this for a chill pill….http://ghettouprising.blogspot.com/2005/10/offensive-dress.html

#10 by mtu — November 29, 2005 @ 8:18 am

11. ha ha ha bet you mtu is a broke nigga

#11 by hA — December 1, 2005 @ 7:44 am

12. Hey Ha, yap broke just like your mama! We’ve seen each other through some rough times, but now since we’ve saved enough, we can finally get you fixed!

#12 by mtu — December 1, 2005 @ 7:54 am

13. This is still an issue today, and most of you think people are just blowing smoke?? So when do the other american’s voting rights get debated on and renewed??????

Getting the jump on Democrats, traditionally the most ardent supporters of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, Republican congressional leaders have proclaimed their support for renewal of parts of the law that are set to expire in 2007.

Republicans want to take the issue off the table for the 2006 elections and avoid a repeat of 1982, when the Reagan administration fought with a Democratic-controlled Congress over an expansion of the law.

The law banned the literacy tests, poll taxes and other measures used to keep blacks from voting. Section 5, which is considered by many to be the heart of the law and is up for renewal in 2007, requires that specific jurisdictions get approval from the Justice Department for any changes in voting procedures to ensure that they don’t deny blacks the right to vote.

snippet from:
    By Tom Curry
    National affairs writer
    MSNBC
    Updated: 6:44 p.m. ET Oct. 4, 2005

#13 by mtu — December 2, 2005 @ 6:28 am

14. I hate when any “minorities” try to bitch to me about things my ancestors did. Im not my dad or my grandfather or his dad. I am me and if you people wanna put me in chains to get your little fucken revenge so be it. Way to stoop to the level of the people who brought you down oh so much. Im sure God loves how you fucks waste your time getting at innocent generations.

#14 by ShakeZula609 — December 4, 2005 @ 3:45 am

15. Hey shakezula..shakazulu wanabe…( always want to be us),it’s kids like you who think “my daddy did it, so why bother me”. I wish you could say that to something as simple as debt; we know we would all be living in bliss. It’s a watering down situation, until the day they die, their effect is still felt; oral traditions are passed down from generation to generation.You on the other hand want to shift from 0 to 200 in one gear; not feasible. That’s why everyone still hates the Nazis. And note, it does not apply to a whole race, it’s to some kind of people, so if the shoe fits….There were white people who stood with the civil rights movement activists and risked losing alot. They are the ones today who do look at one as just a person, you screw up and bleed just like a person. Your stupidity is not subjective to your race, you are just a nuckle head. Your kind see the color thing( those peope), it’s the only way you know how to gedit derrrrr! And the put you in chains thing, i have it in advisement! “Minorities” would have never had a reason to bitch, if they were never given a REASON TO!

#15 by mtu — December 4, 2005 @ 6:15 am

16. hilarious lyrics… I keep quoting the ‘gold digger’ line.

#16 by sbox5780 — December 7, 2005 @ 5:49 pm

17. good article

#17 by hayes1 — December 17, 2005 @ 11:20 am

18. Mtu…This ones for you sorry it took so long haven’t checked this site in a while. First off congrats on using audacity and vehemently, I mean bravo honestly that makes you sound so much more intelligent, but did anyone else notice that mtu got lazy after about the first three sentences and stopped using his computers thesaurus?? Second of all before all else I must say how dare you attempt to compare the attrocities of the holocaust to racism in America. The holocaust was an act of genocide killing millions of Jews brutally and systematically. Did 6 million african-americans die? No they did not. With that said I can now begin the process of making you look completely ignorant and imprudent. Ah shucks that word wasn’t quite as big as yours, but at least I know what it means. You remind me of a quote by the great Martin Luther King Jr. who by the way was 6/5 of a man. “Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ” You my friend are the definition of conscitentious stupidity. Your points and accusations are reckless and injudicious, your tone is oblivious, and you are just plain stupid. As we all know “You just can’t fix stupid”, unfortunately for your case. Oh and one other thing you mentioned to call a black man a nigger to his face, well try calling me a cracker to my face. The reprimands will be ten fold that of a black man being called a nigger. You mentioned that white people have no culture in their lives, I find this comment appaling. I have been fortunate enough to travel the world and see several different cultures and perspectives as I’m sure an equal number of blacks and whites have. There you go that point is now…well pointless. Also do you think that your “learned scholar” became “learned” by enrollling in an all black high school. No I believe your mistaking a sense of culture for knowledge of black history. Black people granted do typically have extensive knowledge regarding their roots, however to truly see from all perspectives you must regard all cultures. I’d be willing to bet in that all black school every student knew rosa parks and MLK, correct? But do you think the majority knew of Ghandi or Ho Chi Minh? Most likely not, chances are you don’t know who Ho Chi Minh is because your so near-sighted. Ho Chi Minh although considered a dictator and mass murderer to many must be studied and revered because he was the first person to perfect the art of guerilla warfare which can help us to ward off similar tactics used by forces such as the Taliban. So you see it’s a lot deeper than you think and it is a lot larger than your “pea grain excuse for a brain” you don’t understand that you cannot learn one portion of history at your own discretion or convenience. You must respect and understand it all to truly be worthy of having an argument such as this. So first piece of advice for you, start learning about things other than black history, racism in america, and a little politics. Once you do that than maybe I’ll respect what you say about whites not being as cultured as blacks. Next you mentioned reading of our UGLY history, well my friend in 20 years you’ll be reading of blacks “UGLY” history in the post racism era. You guys are screwing yourselves over with crime, unemployment, etc. so have fun while your kids read about that. You said you deserve reparations, why? You and me are on a level playing field with the same opportunities, I’ve just learned to take mine and trust me I have. I’m only 17 and already in a great position. So how dare you use the abuse your grand father took as a crutch for your inabilities. Reminds me of a joke from “The Barber Shop”, “All reparations for blacks gonna do is make Cadillac the number one dealership in America” Hmm once again insulting one’s own race just like calling each other that hush hush word NIGGER, because that makes a lot of sense. And by the way you haven’t made it impossible to use the word nigger and to say that you will keep calling us crackers and watch us squirm and wiggle, well my friend you just proved several of my points. You see its you who hasn’t thought out what you’ve said and your shooting yourself in the foot by using a vulgar and biased tone. Word of advice before I go, your arguments will always be stronger and recepted better if you can present them in a somewhat unbiased and calm manner. Oh and lastly if Bush is doing such a bad job as President why don’t you get into politics and try for it, then you’ll see that it takes something special to even sit in the chair he’s sitting in and most every man especially him deserves respect for being there. You couldn’t do anywhere near as good a job as he has so please just close your incompetent little mouth. Well I’ve wasted enough time on, yet another ignorant person. For now goodbye mtu and I hope you finally understand.

#18 by jacob — December 21, 2005 @ 11:16 pm

19. hi my name is Yanyie im only ten yrsand i agree what kanye west said but i want to say what George Bush said that he doestnt care about black people that is not fair he is bein raceses that is total not fair cause we are all one doesnt matter what colo we are and where we came from but were still the same and George Bush if your reading this i dont care your bein selfish okay your nathing but a selfish men and i dont care if your the presendent of the whole world i still think your nathing!!!! okay and by the way im a black little girl okay and if you dont like black people then leave us ALONE what do you want from us LEAVE US ALONE OKAy and how would you like if our own presedent say that he doesnt like WHITE PEAOPLE!!! would you be happy about that No you wont be happy about that so why wont you leave us be please

again my name is yanyie and im 10 yrs old

#19 by Yanyie — January 1, 2006 @ 1:35 pm

20. i love you, whoever wrote this song.

#20 by yvonne — January 4, 2006 @ 9:53 am

21. yanyie, for your information George Bush never stated that he “doesn’t like black people” as a matter of fact he has not said anything remotely close to that. Kanye West was the one who said this on National television. I am so sorry to all of you poor, poor black people who are ignorant in accepting this accusation without being informed on the facts. Thank you and good bye.

#21 by jake — January 8, 2006 @ 3:27 pm

22. what is said in the background?

#22 by crazy — September 26, 2006 @ 2:04 pm

23. George W. Bush’s sentence-by-sentence speaking skills are deteriorating. Apparently, this may be due to a mental illness called “presenile dementia.” Bush may or may not be secretly still drinking heavily. Bush lied, and thousands of people died. Bush suffers from narcissism and megalomania. Moreover, Bush has been arrested three times. Bush was arrested for disorderly conduct. Bush was arrested for stealing. Bush was also arrested for a serious crime—driving under the influence of alcohol. Bush is guilty of criminal negligence relative to the response to Hurricane Katrina. There are reasons to believe that Bush suffers from a learning disability. Bush’s learning disability would explain a lot of things. All in all, Bush is a severely mentally ill individual. Bush is not fit to be the president of the United States.

Bush should be locked up.

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang
    B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
    Messiah College, Grantham, PA

#23 by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang — October 9, 2008 @ 6:23 pm

24. Bush is the worst president in American history. Bush facilitated the 9/11 attacks. Subsequently, Bush lied to Congress and the American people relative to the reasons for invading Iraq. Bush purposefully misled Congress and the American people. Then, Bush murdered more than 4,000 United States service members. And Bush wounded more than 30,000 United States service members. In torturing prisoners of war, Bush patently violated the Geneva Convention. Bush unlawfully wiretapped United States citizens. In using “signing statements” to challenge hundreds of laws passed by Congress, Bush violated the Constitution. Bush has ignored global warming. Bush is guilty of criminal negligence relative to the response to Hurricane Katrina. Bush disobeys our democratic values and Constitution. Bush is a disgrace to the United States.

Submitted by Andrew Yu-Jen Wang