While watching the Amazing Race 7 premiere off TiVo today I noticed a commercial in which the Amazing Race is encouraging families of four to send audition tapes to register for the next race.

Here is info from a recently held audition for The Amazing Race 8:

All types of families may audition: traditional, families in the making, blended families. Our description of family includes non-traditional families and families in the making. Some examples include an engaged couple paired with their in-laws-to-be or a blended family.

All four family members must be present at the open call.

Team members must be at least 8-years-old, and one team member must be at least 21-years-old.

Any team that has a minor (anyone under 18) must also have as a team member at least one of the minors parents or legal guardian.

The race is pretty taxing in pairs and in groups of four it would seem nearly impossible–especially with kids. I am interested in seeing the new concept though. I think it will be really funny seeing kids break down from the stress.

1. How do I register for the next amazing race ?

#1 by George — March 16, 2005 @ 4:26 pm

2. i would love to enter the amazing race 8. i am a huge fan of your show and i watch it all the time! i am a very active girl. my family includes a dad named jeff, a mom named paula,a brother named jeffrey,and my name is stephanie masters.

#2 by stephanie masters — March 17, 2005 @ 3:34 pm

3. Is there an web site i can go to for more info?

#3 by sheri — March 18, 2005 @ 10:04 pm

4. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race_application/

#4 by Mela — March 19, 2005 @ 1:53 pm

5. Me and my fiance would love to be apart of the next amazing race 8. I watch your show every week and I think the show itself is amazing, so if you would allow us to be apart of the show we would love that. Thanks Kimberly Cooper

#5 by Kimberly Cooper — April 21, 2005 @ 7:22 am

6. Me and my fiance would love to be apart of your show with our niece and nephew, because our kids are too young. I watch your show every week and I think that it is amazing. Love to be apart of it.

#6 by Kimberly — April 21, 2005 @ 7:29 am

7. what’s the deadline to when you have to send in the audition tape for The Amazing Race 8?

#7 by Laura Gulstine — May 8, 2005 @ 6:35 pm

8. why do you have to be AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?

IS THE AMAZING RACE BIASED AGAINST THERE CANADIAN NEIGHBOURS OR JUST SCARED?

#8 by lasha — May 16, 2005 @ 4:49 pm

9. No…just people who don’t know the difference between there and their

#9 by Michael — May 18, 2005 @ 8:38 am

10. Is the May date still the cut off time to apply to your show? My husband & I (52 & 45) are very active and soooooo want to apply.

If not this year, we will apply next year.

Sharon Maxfield

#10 by Sharon Maxfield — May 23, 2005 @ 9:41 am

11. When the amazing race 8 will be starting?

#11 by roxxigerl — June 12, 2005 @ 11:47 pm

12. wow ok i am going to check it out! i don’t know who will be willing to be in it with me if at any stage australians are able to enter i will be diving in! cheers for the site

#12 by karla — May 11, 2006 @ 5:48 am

13. Me and my best friend think we’d be the perfect canidates for the Amazing Race but don’t know how to enter…but we’re gonna figure it out and I know that we will win!!! Look out America cause here we come!

#13 by Laci Clark — October 2, 2006 @ 6:05 pm

14. i’m not sure if i’m in the right place but i would like to know where and how to apply to get into the amazing race.please send me any info that you can thank you
    johnny

#14 by Johnny — September 30, 2008 @ 6:28 pm

15. You are definitely *not* at the right place. You have to go to the CBS website at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/ and check the forums for casting calls for the show. Even though the show has won a bunch of Emmys, I doubt that it will continue unless the ratings go up.

#15 by Nugget — September 30, 2008 @ 10:08 pm