A lot of people have been voicing their disapproval of my post, titled Live Strong Rich. In the post earlier this month, I brought to everyone’s attention that the Live Strong bracelets that the Lance Armstrong Foundation sells are going for more than $5 on Ebay, and I wished I had some to sell. Since the foundation already received their dollar for the bracelets that these people should be able to profit from having the supply for the increasing demand. You know, the free market system. A lot of people don’t agree. What do you think, should authentic Live Strong bracelets be sold on Ebay? Please vote and post a comments.

Update: Buy Live Strong bands here.

1. This one is tricky. Personally, I wouldn’t take advantage of Lance’s name to make a dollar. If there are people that wish to do the opposite, more power to them. As long as the LAF gets their dollar per bracelet, I’m happy. Regarding the moral or ethical implications of capitalizing on the Live Strong phenomenon, that question is better left to pastors, rabbis and philosophers.

#1 by Jimmy — August 31, 2004 @ 4:51 am

2. I am seriosuly offended by people taking advantage of the Live Strong bracelets. It disgusts me when people sell them for more than they are worth, and destroy the reason of them. These people obviously haven’t been personally affected with cancer of anysort, but I have and I find it very offensive that people are making money off of other people’s pain.

#2 by Dawn — October 23, 2004 @ 10:44 pm

3. LiveStrong IS KICK ASS I LOVE THEM SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH IM ME MULLENSK8ERGIRL

#3 by SEXY — November 17, 2004 @ 5:16 pm

4. LiveStrong is the best braclet ever made I have more than 80 of them. yeah man

#4 by lane — November 23, 2004 @ 4:51 pm

5. i personally got 3 livestrong bracelets on ebay. I think its a great idea, if i didnt get one from ebay, i wouldnt have one now! the person selling it already paid for it, and their money goes to the foundation, so whats the harm in paying a few dollars more? The seller has to pay to put the product on ebay anyway, so it all works out! As long as your showing your enthusiasm while wearing your bracelet, why does it matter where you bought it?

#5 by bRi — November 25, 2004 @ 11:23 am

6. i think bRi is right. even though if you buy the bracelets on eBay for a few dollars more, the money goes to the fundation! it’s great! it’s like the money we spend lands on hands os sick people, people that are waiting and needing our support.

#6 by tania — November 27, 2004 @ 9:29 am

7. i personaly would like to only spend a buck on the livestrong bracelets. people shouldnt profit from a NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION. i know, i know, they arent the “organization”, but still, your money should go for the cause, not for someone else to get their buck for another trend. but hey, if you wanna buy and sell them for more than store price, i’m not judging. be my guest.

#7 by cait — December 1, 2004 @ 2:56 pm

8. Yes, i think they should be sold on ebay. They have a positive message, it shows that you care about people with cancer.

#8 by Morgan — December 1, 2004 @ 3:15 pm

9. I am not offended by people selling them on Ebay but I think that its the buyers own fault for buying them for more and keeping the greedy people happy.

#9 by Roger Robi — December 9, 2004 @ 9:37 pm

10. live strong bracelets r THE BOMB

#10 by xxlilxbritxx — December 12, 2004 @ 8:04 pm

11. I live in england, and ebay is the only place you can get them. People are willing to pay up to 10 for a band, but this money wont go to help cancer which is a shame. by wearing the braclet, you are still showing your support. The person selling the band paid towards the charity orginally. its no different to a shop like nike selling one.

#11 by mandy — December 18, 2004 @ 5:14 pm

12. I have been selling Live Strong bands on ebay now for nearly a month. All colours beetween Yellow, Red and Pink for mothers & daughters. I have even sold a USA and a UK Braclet or two. I have sold over 500 of these bands and have made around 5-6 each. Thats comes to about 2,600 if not more. Apart from the eBay seller fee’s and p&p i have made over 2,500. Now equally i should have donated $500 to the LAF, but i havnt, i have donated $1,800. I dont believe in using Lance’s name to make a lot of money, just a small ammount.

#12 by Unkown User — February 3, 2005 @ 6:57 am

13. hey yeah i just bought 10 for freaken ten dollars off the official websire so if people are gonna spend more so be it but just look a little bit harder and you can get 1o for 10 100 for 100 or 1200 for 1200 they’re all choices just like the choice of buying off ebay

#13 by marley — February 4, 2005 @ 11:26 pm

14. i have 300 livestrong bands

#14 by barry — February 11, 2005 @ 8:04 am

15. yo

#15 by keaton — February 13, 2005 @ 8:41 am

16. i have 20,000 livestrongs

#16 by keaton — February 13, 2005 @ 8:42 am

17. they are still getting the money even if people buy off ebay. if you buy off ebay u can get one. i u buy of the official site you have to have 10

#17 by mike — February 13, 2005 @ 3:50 pm

18. i hink its shockin that people r willin to pay up to 10 fur a live strong and the LAF dnt get anyhin fa the money

#18 by @ndy_05 — February 14, 2005 @ 9:38 am

19. hey i think the live strong brace lets are coll where can i get the pink ones?

#19 by sadrak — February 16, 2005 @ 7:06 am

20. i have 400,000,000 of these becus i wanted to donate that money to charity

#20 by brian — February 17, 2005 @ 7:45 am

21. Livestrong bands. I feel that they have lost thier meanings. People buy them to look cool, to be ‘in’ forgetting the real reason. I myself would not buy a Live strong bracelet or wear one. I feel although the money donated to charity is a plus I do not need a band to show I support something. Cancer affects many people and although people buying the bracelets are giving the money they abuse the bracelets real meaning ie selling them on eBAY. The man who did give the money to charity well done but how many people selling these bands will give the profit back to the charity?

#21 by Amber — February 20, 2005 @ 4:59 am

22. I love livestrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIVE STRONG ROX MY SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go lance armstrong:)

#22 by lillucy103 — February 22, 2005 @ 4:02 pm

23. Hey, so where can i get these things? i really want some to show that i care about cancer but on ebay people keep bidding higher than me, and on the official site they take weeks to arrive. is there a good site or anything?

#23 by lozz — March 1, 2005 @ 11:39 am

24. Live strong is OK but it is getting out of hand…seriously…kids are paying large amounts of cash 4 rubber ring i mean come on … =:-)

#24 by Ruari — March 11, 2005 @ 1:10 pm

25. yyy lozz i no i good site :) live strong Braclets and New Wristbands
    [GO LANCE GO, FROM U R DEAR FRIEND RUARI]

#25 by Ruari — March 11, 2005 @ 1:15 pm

26. What’s the point of having a livestrong bracelet if the money just goes to some dork in his mom’s basement??

#26 by Misty — March 13, 2005 @ 8:12 pm

27. THE AUTHENTIC ONES THAT GO TO CHARITY ONLY COME IN YELLOW IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER COLOUR..IT’S A COUNTERFIET

#27 by an — March 13, 2005 @ 8:25 pm

28. I do hope that the bracelets that are supposed to be authentic, really are! I do think they are a cool item to sell because kids really like them, I also think that they do price them too high, I mean it’s just a rubber band! I do hope that the proceed’s do go to the Lance Armstrong foundation, at least the seller’s that say a dollar will go to the foundation.

#28 by Allyson — March 14, 2005 @ 4:56 pm

29. I think it’s absolutley disgusting that people are benefitting from a non-profit organization. As aforementioned, oviously the resellers have never been afflicted by any sort of cancer. Also there’s the whole fact that it IS against the law.

#29 by J-Nak — March 17, 2005 @ 11:10 pm

30. I personally think that live strong bracelets are the best things ever they don’t even have to say live strong i have about 65 different kinds or livestrong bracelets is blue, black,camo,glow in the dar ect. They say things like be strong, peace, tsunami help, sweet, hope support our troops etc. But they just show u anything.

#30 by sarah — March 20, 2005 @ 5:25 pm

31. im selling livestrong bands for 1.50 $3

#31 by eminam — March 24, 2005 @ 9:47 am

32. u geeks

#32 by mik — March 25, 2005 @ 7:33 am

33. i think livestrong bands are the best idea ever i have only 21 but want more.ebay should sell these but for less like $0.50 or some thing like that. lance rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 by brandon — April 19, 2005 @ 4:02 pm

34. It’s not the matter of how the person donated the money to charity to buy the bracelet(s) (s)he’s putting on eBAY. It’s the matter of people making a profit off something, that’s for a NON profitable charity. They are taking advantage of people who want to wear these bands in support of cancer, only to benefit themselves. So what if they paid the money to buy the bracelet(s) from a recognized charity, what about the profit, it goes to purely support themselves. The buyers of these bracelets on eBAY are not innocent either. They are buying them strictly because “everyone is doing it”. If they really wanted to support cancer and wear them for that reason. They would hold onto to their money, wait to get one from a REAL charity that is going to give the money to the cause, and buy 10 or 11 or whatever they are spending for ONE on eBAY, instead of giving their money to some asshole who can’t find a real job.

#34 by Kim — April 27, 2005 @ 2:04 am

35. If you are selling these live strong bracelets on ebay or any other site and asking for more money, because you think you can make some big coin, well I hope to god you are giving it ALL to the charity. I think it’s disgusting that anyone can think of making a profit and taking advantage of this whole idea. SHAME ON YOU IF YOU POCKET ANY PROFIT FROM THIS!!!!!!

#35 by Polly — May 27, 2005 @ 3:51 pm

36. Do you really think these bracelets in other colors are just faked? I know the yellow ones are the original ones but i actually thought the other colours support just other organisations or something this way? does anybody know more about it?

#36 by lilli — June 4, 2005 @ 4:52 am