The Lance Armstrong Foundation has run out of Live Strong bracelets on their website. You used to be able to buy the bracelets in packs of 10, 100, or 1,200 from the site earlier this year $1 apiece. Now the bracelets are going for about $5 each on Ebay. I wish I would have known this. I would have bought a $1,200 case in a heartbeat if I knew I could auction them off at $5+ a pop! There are people out there making a grip on these things.

Update (8/31/2004): Vote on this volatile topic here.

1. I think it is disgusting that people are selling the LiveStrong bracelets to make money off of them. Yes, they are backordered everywhere you go, but Nike donated all the materials to make the bracelts and ALL of the procedes go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation. What kind of greedy person are you trying to make money off of a great cause such as this????

#1 by Jacqieh — August 29, 2004 @ 8:12 am

2. You’ve misunderstood. I am not selling any, but I wish I was ;)

#2 by Nugget — August 29, 2004 @ 11:48 am

3. i think that it doesnt matter if you sell them for profit on ebay. i mean if you buy them(which you have to in order to sell them)you are still donating to the LAF from buying them in the first place. i mean i dont get it. why are people taking it so harshly. i mean i no it is not the greatest idea but i mean…they still donated!

#3 by jenna — August 30, 2004 @ 3:23 am

4. Michelle you ignorant slut (ala Dan Aykroyd)! Did you even read the entry, I’m not selling them you lame ass! Doesn’t anybody read before they type anymore? To all you dumb fuckers that think I am selling these, kiss my ass!

#4 by Nugget — August 30, 2004 @ 4:29 am

5. Would you just recap for a second? People who’ve lost family memebers and people close to them think that it should all be purely 100% profit. I don’t blame them. And there is honestly no need for any cussing. It was an open discussion. Settle down and just realize the other views of other people. We know you’re not selling them, we were speaking ingeneral. And why you targeted Michelle I’m not really sure but please just stop it right here. It’s not a personal issue twards you.

#5 by Jacqie — August 30, 2004 @ 10:46 am

6. Hey just thought I would let you know that you are a complete idiot. The Lance Armstrong braclets have a special meaning to them which you must not know otherwise you would not be selling them. I am hurt to think that you could be so selfish to sell the braclets and keep the profit. You must not have a heart because if you did you never would have began to sell the braclets for profit.I hope you feel like a complete a** also.

#6 by MichelleC — August 30, 2004 @ 11:10 am

7. Jacqie, it’s my blog and I can cuss if I want to. If you don’t like it, you can start your own fucking blog and censor it if you wish.

What I don’t understand about the argument against selling the bracelets on Ebay is that the Foundation has already gotten its money for the bracelets! If the eBay sellers were selling unlicensed copies of the bracelets then I would agree that this would be immoral or even illegal, since the Foundation would get nothing for each bracelet sold. But it appears that the Foundation is getting a dollar for each bracelet, so then why is everyone so upset? The Ebay sales are simply supply and demand at work.

Maybe the Foundation should keep up with demand and/or raise their prices for the bracelets to raise more money for their cause. Otherwise, nothing should stop those with the supply of legitimate bracelets from profiting in a free market.

#7 by Nugget — August 30, 2004 @ 11:58 am

8. Ok… I’ve talked to a few of friends and family members about this and they all agree with me that it’s just plain wrong to sell the Live Strong bracelets for profit. I bought some and are GIVING them to family and friends. Maybe you haven’t had someone close to you die from cancer and you think you’re helping but I don’t see it as that. I’ve had 3 grandparents die in the past two years from cancer and I don’t find it at all a good cause for you or ANYONE for that matter to sell them and make a profit. Honestly, I think it should be illegal. It’s just down right to get to the point DISGUSTING!!! It honestly makes me sick to my stomach to be thinking that people could be basically stealing from such a great organization as the Lance Armstrong Foundation. Grow up and wake up! No offense just look at it from a different point of view!

#8 by Jacqie — August 30, 2004 @ 12:14 pm

9. Do you not understand the concept of these bracelets??? It’s not for you to make your own personal profit, it’s going for a good cause. Obviously you’ve never lost someone that’s suffered from Cancer, because you wouldn’t be doing this if you had. Maybe you should think about what you are doing and realize that it’s wrong.

#9 by MandyJ — August 30, 2004 @ 12:21 pm

10. Update (8/31/2004): Vote on this volatile topic here.

#10 by Nugget — August 31, 2004 @ 9:07 am

11. You don’t need to swear at me about it true you can swear if you want but I don’t see the point, anyways, I was simply stating my oppinion on the matter. I see your point of view and what I’m trying to make you see is the fact that Nike donated everything, making no profit from the bracelets, and all proceeds go to LAF… and that money goes to people living with cancer… therefor what gives people the right to make money off of them?? That’s all I was stating. I didn’t mean to make such a commotion about the whole thing. I was just voicing my oppinion. Sorry.

#11 by Jacqie — August 31, 2004 @ 12:20 pm

12. All ym grandparents died by the time I was 8. Three from cancer when I was 2,3,and 8 years old so hearing that people are selling these bracelets and practically taking money from the LAF just makes me disgusted…How can people even stand to do that!?

#12 by Becca — September 4, 2004 @ 8:56 am

13. I love Live strong bracelets!!

#13 by Kate — November 24, 2004 @ 12:31 pm

14. You guys are money loving bitches. You guys should go to hell for making a money of a charity. THAT IS FRUAD

#14 by Bushlover04 — December 12, 2004 @ 7:08 pm

15. You all suck and I hate you. Livestong bracelets are only cool if they are fake. I don’t give a shit if the fucking LAF gets squat. Fuck them and fuck you all assholes.

#15 by madi — December 14, 2004 @ 1:47 pm

16. No need to flex on the issue. Look at it from outside of the box.
    It is stoopid to have to have a bake sale for healthcare in our country. Why do we have to raise money to cure and care for cancer victims? Why isn’t healthcare a HUMAN RIGHT? Why dosen’t the MILITARY have a fuckin bake sale to buy their weapons of mass destruction?

#16 by Mike — December 14, 2004 @ 4:48 pm

17. Hi, I was just researching, and I found a webpage that said livestrong bracelets are made in SWEATSHOPS!!! If this is true, I am VERY disappointed, it is okay to fight for cancer research, but to do it at the expense of innocent kids!!! I am very upset about this information, and I am hoping it is not true!!!!!!

#17 by alark510 — March 11, 2005 @ 5:23 am

18. You all suck. But I like the bracelets. :D

#18 by Usuruk. — April 1, 2005 @ 5:03 am

19. This is sooo digusting… Do we all really think a substantial amunt of sales do in fact go to funding cancer research? Guess what… we could sell a trillion bracelets and we’ll still have cancer on our tails. Cancer wil survive on its own terms and not on some stoooopid bracelets be pimped by a drug user (Armstrong). If you have any knowledge in biochemistry and the systems they use for drug testing you’ll know that he uses his cancer meds to mask his drug use, but that’s aside from the point… Companies making cancer drugs don’t want us to beat cancer, they want to sell product and will do whatever it takes for cancer to survive…

#19 by Turkelton — April 7, 2005 @ 8:31 am

20. Come on you really do not believe the money goes to research??? THE LAF is a mony making bussiness just like the people selling them on Ebay.. The LAF turns a profit with some employees that make well over 125K dollars a year they buy office bulidings and new cars with that money and they travel around the world on that money. Not to metion all the canser they might have caused in the chemical production over 41 silicon rubber braclets, the 41 millon chemical plastic wrappers that these things come in.I’d love to see the canser causing landfill they have created when the fad is gone. Not to mention the millions of gallons of fuel burned to deliver them and produce them.. they more than likely have caused 100’s more canser cases with this braclet idea.

#20 by Bob — April 27, 2005 @ 1:06 pm

21. hey you fucking bitches go to hell you assholes you are all bying all thoes fake ones that arent helping lanes armstronge a bit you ass holes stupids buy the real ones

#21 by Madd doggss 2 — May 16, 2005 @ 3:16 pm

22. I get what he is saying, If you blat the 1.000 pack that is being donated to LS. But selling them to make money for your self is ok too. There is nothing wrong with maken cash for you self. You balt them off the site, You donated. Now its time for you to donate to your self. I balt the 500 pack and sold them to my friends and faimly and donated it all to red cross. (Sold them for 2.00) I my self would not sell them for my own need to get money, Unless i needed money to get food or a recorse i REALLY needed. SO there for you all are right

#22 by Josh — September 26, 2005 @ 8:44 am

23. no offense but I think a blog about livestrong bracelets is pathetic, anywho, i say fuck livestrong bracelets, the only reason the livestrong lance whatever the fuck foundation is getting money ISNT because of good hearted sameritans who want to stop disease but because the preteen abercrombie zombies want to look “cute” and look like they care about something, most ppl dont care if they are donating one dollar or one hundred dollars as long as they get their little fucking yellow rubber bracelet, dont bother replying back to this post. im pretty pathetic for even commenting on such a half ass subject. if you want to fight cancer donate some actual money….not a little dollar for a piece of yellow rubber so you LOOK like you care for soemthing. why advertise that you donated? so you look like a caring member of society? see ya folks. OH and jacquie…i have one thing to say…grow the fuck up people have different views and opinions…and can curse if they want to …seriously just grow the fuck up and dont try to manipulate others with your points of view or tell them that their views are “wrong”. – Leslie

#23 by leslie — March 22, 2006 @ 11:45 am