Star Wars Kid

Many of you may have seen the original Star Wars Kid Video that was floating around the Internet a few months ago. I was really embarassed for this kid when I saw the original video, but now he’s become a cult celebrity! People are making “clone” videos from the original, like Re-Mix, SWK 2.0, and Dork Clone Wars, just to name a few. Check out all of the videos and read more about the kid at Jedimaster.net.

Update (7/31/2003): The parents of the Star Wars Kid, whose real name is Ghyslian Raza (also seen as Ghyslain Raza), have sued the classmates that uploaded the video to the the Internet back in April. Ghyslian was teased about the video so much that he had to go into a children’s psychiatric hospital!

A couple of web sites have raised over $4,300 for Ghyslian and there is even a petition on the Internet to get him a role in Star Wars: Episode III–I hope George Lucas gets him in the movie. As of this writing, there are over 37,400 signatures on the petition, including mine. Good luck!

1. Poor guy. Some of these videos are really good.

#1 by Meerenai — July 30, 2003 @ 3:21 am

2. The kid is now infamous because of how quickly his video has been picked up world-wide. Why is this so? Because the same thing applies to each and every one of us–we all feel sorry for the poor guy, and then go search the net and watch the video while laughing hysterically. I gotta tell you–I hope the embarrassment blows over for him–the video’s priceless.

#2 by Nicole — August 22, 2003 @ 1:27 am

3. This kid needs to get an agent- I hear Letterman on the line! If he would just do those moves about an hour a day, he would lose some of that baby fat and maybe then have better things to do with his time!

#3 by Blythe — August 22, 2003 @ 11:27 am

4. Should have linked to http://www.starwarskid.com

far better site.

#4 by Robert E — September 1, 2003 @ 1:12 am

5. Really this guy has no live. If I meet him i’ll just laugh. Even if he go in Australia people will know him.

#5 by Simon — October 17, 2003 @ 7:39 am

6. I think we geeks need to stick together. I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve done plenty of humiliating things that I would hope never got uploaded for the world to see. I’d die. Kid’s egos are so vulnerable, esp. if they are overweight or already have a problem relating to peers. I hope the counceling helps him see past this and become stronger. I think it was great he was getting into it and having some fun. When was the last time any of us jumped and danced around and acted out something fun? Bad karma to the kids that thought it would be funny to mock him. It will come back around to them…

#6 by Sara — December 25, 2003 @ 12:07 pm

7. the guy has my sympathy and respect. I remember doing all that stuff outside with sticks and some friends. I would pay money to be back in that time pretending to be a jedi knight and having so much fun.

#7 by jimdandy — January 9, 2004 @ 8:45 am

8. See the Star Wars Kid in SWK 2.0.1 – The Aftermath at http://www.22ndstreetproductions.com

#8 by Yo Duh — May 14, 2004 @ 11:50 am

9. Ya’ll can talk as much crap as you want but this kid can say he’s on the net world wide. How many of you can say that?

#9 by Mike — May 8, 2005 @ 1:53 am

10. Hello! Does anyone want to join me in a quest for breaking unsympathetic people and “Happy Slappers” spines?
    We have to start a war on all violent people!
    Thnak you!

#10 by Rascar — May 21, 2005 @ 3:45 am

11. ..yeah! I forgot, we have to film it and put it on the web as well!

#11 by Rascar — May 21, 2005 @ 3:46 am