Someone suggested that an annual driving test should be enough for old people, but the fact is enough deterioration could happen in a matter of months to make an old person a very dangerous driver. It’s just too risky. Investigators found out today that the old man responsible for yesterday’s massacre was involved in recent accidents.

Maybe a hybrid solution is in order. Maybe after age 70 there is an annual driving test until you reach the age of 75, after which you are just fucking done with driving. Here’s another article about this.

1. Two things: Old folk don’t even have to pass an _eye_ test to keep their licenses!

Another is that “driving = freedom” in a _lot_ of older people’s minds.

#1 by Larry — July 17, 2003 @ 2:18 am

2. I’d like to think that when I get to be 70 years old I’d voluntarily give up driving, but unless I end up a rich old fart with my own driver, it’s going to be hard to do. Like Larry said, who wants to lose their freedom just because they get old? Is the answer better public transportation? I guess better public transportation is the answer to a lot of things like traffic, smog, and now – old farts who should no longer drive.

#2 by Meerenai — July 17, 2003 @ 2:40 am

3. look when it comes to old peopl driving i think that they have to go through some kind of test. because giving up you keys is like giving up your life. in todays communities it is so spread out and you cant just walk anymore so you need to drive so it is really up to the government to help out the older people get from place to place.

#3 by Sammy — December 14, 2003 @ 8:53 am

4. old people should not fucking drive they are gay and cause problems!!!!FUCK THEM ALL

#4 by travis — June 2, 2004 @ 8:46 am

5. In my opinion, old people should be tested every 6 months in order to be allowed to drive. Most accidents caused by old peple occur do to poor judgment and poor reflex. When you can barely walk or see, you shouldn’t be behind the wheel. I think the police should be stricter towards the elders and less strict to teenagers. When I will turn 16 in 4 years, I will drive responably and set an example to the old geizers.

#5 by Alex — November 14, 2004 @ 1:32 pm

6. i think people higher than 70 should not drive! they can’t even see the signals or hear honks. for people 60 – 69 they should test them every year

#6 by andres — December 6, 2004 @ 12:10 pm

7. i dont think it is safe for old people over the age of 70 should drive because just recently i lost my cousin in a car acident due to an older ladie age of 80 drove right past a stop sign and didnt even see her… the old lady couldnt see very well and cost her life.. and my 16 year old cousin and now its not fair and if only we would have thought of something sooner

#7 by hollie — March 15, 2006 @ 8:04 pm

8. Recently this old woman was getting on the interstate at 40 mph and was NOT speeding up. I almost got in a wreck because this woman was too god damn old to drive. The government needs to implement some plan, maybe testing every 6 months after a certain age. If you think this problem is bad now, just wait for the baby boomers to become old jackasses, 40 million by 2020! Uh!!

#8 by Paul — March 24, 2006 @ 7:49 am

9. Recently this old woman was getting on the interstate at 40 mph and was NOT speeding up. I almost got in a wreck because this woman was too god damn old to drive. The government needs to implement some plan, maybe testing every 6 months after a certain age. If you think this problem is bad now, just wait for the baby boomers to become old jackasses, 40 million by 2020! Uh!!

#9 by kyliebaby07 — July 9, 2007 @ 6:50 am

10. old people should not drive because it is dangerous for them so i agree they should get tested every so often btw im 14

#10 by sexy dixon — October 31, 2007 @ 8:10 am

11. they can’t drive, get them off the road lol

#11 by Omari — November 26, 2007 @ 6:21 am

12. I THING OLD PEOPLE CANNOT DRIVE EXPECILLY TIONNAS GRANGMOM

#12 by DIPLOMEN — January 10, 2008 @ 8:10 am

13. According to the pie chart from OCR, old age drivers don’t instigate the most deaths and injuries. It is mainly 17-24 year old drivers that cause most of the accidents and deaths by making up for 27.8% compared to 14% of 60+ year olds. I think that this information is reliable as it has come from the government. The only problem with it is that there was no date so I am not sure when the information was gathered.

#13 by chelsea — January 24, 2008 @ 3:11 am

14. my grandad is 83 and he styll drives and he is really good at it

#14 by jayde — January 25, 2008 @ 1:12 am

15. I think they should be allowed to drive as long as the have regular tests and do not have any health problems. ^-^

#15 by steph — March 10, 2008 @ 11:48 am

16. old peopl should not drive, it is like a drunk driver driving a car

#16 by rose marry — June 6, 2008 @ 9:19 pm

17. i think old people should drive thy might want to go to the seaside once in a life tyme i think old people should drive :)

#17 by helen — February 11, 2009 @ 4:54 am

18. Well To Be Honest Old Peopel SHould be Allowed To Drive there Just Liek Everyone Else Exept There Wrikley I Thinkk Poeple Thesse Days DOnt Have To Be Old To Drive Insane..A.K.A My Farther He Drive Like A Maniak But Hes Not Old.. Well 40 Burt Hes Not realli Old Old Peopl Just Should be Able To Do Whatever They What :D x And I Think Ill Stand Up For Old People Thesse Days :D x And They Have Much Ryte As Anyone Else + Nicole + Laura 2k8 Pimpim It Out :P

NICOLE+ LAURA 2009 :D
    Stacey Marie Younger Best friends”
    Nicole N Laura Bmaa !!
    Shannon+Laura Tmaa
    Samantha +Laura Tmaaa x ”!!
    I Doo Love My Friend
    Olivia.r Olivia.b Hayley.j Catherine.b. Emma.s. Hannah.w Kate.r. Lauren.b. jORDAN.C. I LOVE YOUUSSS ”’ :D Sooo Muchhh Tbh :D

#18 by Alfread — February 11, 2009 @ 4:59 am

19. Dear whom ever it may concern,
    we do not have the right to take away the liscences of the older generation, this is because by doing this we are taking away the freedom from them aswell, getting into a car give the elderly a sense of independence, we cannot force them to become dependent on others, by threating to remove their liscences, they might be more cautious the next time they are on the road, they at least deserve another chance to prove that they can drive and they can do it well.
    Yours faithfully